Motorists going to and from the City of Makati, be advised: you might want to schedule your trips wisely this weekend.
From May 6, 9:00 PM to May 8, 6:00 AM, a large section of Ayala Avenue and the surrounding portions of Paseo De Roxas and Makati Avenue will be closed to traffic. To be specific, these are the affected areas shared in the Make It Makati page.
1. Ayala Avenue (from Fonda St. to Gil Puyat Ave.)
2. Paseo de Roxas St. (from Dela Rosa St. to Makati Ave.)
3. Makati Ave. (from Dela Rosa St. to Paseo de Roxas)
4. V.A. Rufino St. (from Dela Rosa St. to Valero St.)
5. Salcedo St. (from Dela Rosa St. to Valero St.)
For motorists and commuters who will need to do other activities in the affected area, here are the traffic re-routing details you can use to go around the city:
- Private Vehicles and PUBs passing through the East Bound Lane of Ayala Avenue will be re-routed to Gil Puyat going to EDSA.
- PUJs from the Washington Terminal going to McKinley Terminal and Private Vehicles passing through the West Bound Lane of Ayala Avenue may use the alternative routes indicated below:
a) PUJ from Washington Terminal going to McKinley (Chino Roces - Dela Rosa - Amorsolo - Arnaiz - East St. - Ayala Avenue)
b) PUJ from McKinley Terminal going to Washington Terminal (Ayala Avenue - Parkway Drive - West St. - Arnaiz Amorsolo - Rufino - Chino Roces)
c) Private Vehicles passing through the West Bound of Ayala Avenue going to Buendia will be re-routed to Ayala Avenue - Parkway Drive - West St. - Arnaiz Amorsolo - Rufino - Chino Roces
In addition, here are the parking areas around Makati which will be open during the weekend:
Parking Areas (Open from 6:00 AM to 12:00 MN)
P1 - Valero Car Park 2
P2 - Dela Rosa Car Park 1
P3 - Dela Rosa Car Park 2
P4 - Legazpi Parking Building
P5 - Corinthian Car Park
Parking Areas (Open 24 hours)
P6 - Greenbelt Parking
P7 - Greenbelt Parking
P8 - Greenbelt Parking
P9 - Greenbelt Parking
P10 - The Link Car Park
P11 - 6750 Steel Car Park
P12 - Glorietta Parking
P13 - Glorietta Parking
P14 - Park Square Car Park
Given that a huge chunk of Makati's central business district will be closed to traffic this weekend, it is expected that other nearby areas will be heavily affected by this closure.
As a piece of advice to our fellow motorists: it might be best to avoid the whole Makati City area altogether. That is of course, if you don't have plans to join the rally that will be held on Saturday.