Typhoon Karding has already made its way to the West Philippine Sea and is now moving away from Luzon island. However, the damage it left behind in the country has rendered nine major road segments impassable to traffic.
The Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) has identified these roads in the Cordillera Administrative Region, Ilocos Region (Region I), Cagayan Valley (Region II), Central Luzon (Region III), and CALABARZON (Region IV-A) are closed either due to landslides, flooding, damaged pavement, fallen electrical post and other safety reasons as of 12:00 PM of September 26:
- Kennon Road (closed to non-residents for safety reasons)
- Manila North Road, K0578+800, Sitio Banquero, Brgy. Pancian, Pagudpud, Ilocos Norte due to damaged pavement, and reoccurrence of slides
- Bambang-Kasibu-Solano Road, K0266+900 Antutot Section in Nueva Vizcaya due to landslide
- NRJ - Villa Sur San Pedro- Cabuaan- Ysmael- Disimungal Road, San Pedro Overflow Bridge, K0367+786 in San Pedro, Madella, Quirino due to flooding
- Nueva Ecija-Aurora Road, K0174+300, Province of Aurora due to landslide
- Daang Maharlika Road, K0094+800, Brgy. Castellano, San Leonardo, Nueva Ecija due to flooding
- Tarlac-Sta. Rosa Road, K0115+000, Brgy. Malabon Kaingin, Jaen, Nueva Ecija due to fallen electric post
- Concepcion - Lapaz K0131+300 in Tarlac due to fallen electric post
- Ternate - Nasugbu Road, K0068+(-1000) K0074+622 in Cavite for safety reasons.
In addition, DPWH also announced motorists from these areas will have limited access to these roads:
- Apalit-Macabebe- Masantol Road, K0062+200 - K0062+400, Calsada Bayu, Sta. Rita, Macabebe, Pampanga due to flooding
- Olongapo- Bugallon Road, sections in Sindol, San Felipe and San Rafael, Cabanang, Zambales due to flooding
- Rizal Bdry. - Famy - Quezon Bdry. Road, K0076 + 150 to K0076 + 550 in Laguna due to flooding.
In case you are going to or coming from these areas, it might be best to stay at home and stand by for updates. The DPWH assures the public they are stepping up clearing operations to restore mobility and open up these roads for travel as soon as possible.