Confederation for Safety formed by 4x4 leaders in Southeast Asia
Overlanding has become a popular recreational activity in the Philippines. And for those new to 4x4s and looking to take on the trails, there's a new group that could help you maximize the capability of your off-road vehicles and keep the activities fun and safe for everyone.
Proponents of 4x4 driving in the Southeast Asian region, including founders of 4x4 groups and organizations like Sarawak from Malaysia, Head Smart Off-Roading in Indonesia, the Brunei 4x4 Association, 4Trax Academy Kuala Lumpur, and auto clubs like the Automobile Association of the Philippines and Mahabumi Driving School Brunei have come together to form a Confederation for Safety and Responsible Driving on Four-Wheel-Drives.
The group aims to ‘promote safe and responsible driving practices and raise awareness of the risks associated with driving four-wheel-drive vehicles off the road.’ The exact programs, schedule, and various activities of the confederation have not yet been announced but their tenets have been detailed as follows:
- Providing education and training programs to promote safe driving practices for four-wheel-drives.
- Raising awareness of the risks associated with driving four-wheel-drive vehicles and promoting the importance of safety equipment and maintenance.
- Advocating for recognition, policies, and regulations that support safe driving practices for four-wheel-drives.
- To emphasize awareness of the need to preserve nature and the environment.
- Fostering collaboration among members of the confederation and with other organizations, to share knowledge and best practices for safe driving on four-wheel-drives.
The startup confederation is still in its infancy and is looking to bolster its membership. They have an open invitation to all interested individuals and organizations to join them in their mission to promote safe driving practices for four-wheel-drives. Their mission-vision is to build a safer driving community and reduce the risks associated with driving four-wheel-drives.