Motorists in Quezon City (QC) and Manila heads up. The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) has announced it will be holding the annual Metro Manila Film Festival (MMFF) Parade of Stars on December 21, 2022. As a result, several roads will be affected two weeks from now.
For starters, a staging area for the floats of the 8 official entries and the MMDA will be set up along E. Rodriguez Avenue to Banawe. On the evening of December 20, motorists are advised to steer clear from the site for the construction of the stage and float ingress.
The route itself, on the other hand, is fairly straightforward. This year's Parade of Stars will start at Mabuhay Rotonda and end at the Quezon Memorial Circle via Quezon Avenue. The route will cover a total of 7.36 kilometers and is expected to take a minimum of 2 hours and 30 minutes.
But given that the parade will affect motorists, the MMDA has also released the alternate routes that motorists can take once the Parade of Stars begins at 4:00 PM on December 21.
VEHICLES TOWARDS EDSA/QMC:
• Vehicles traveling from España Boulevard should turn right at Blumentritt Road then left at Sto. Tomas Street or Matimyas Street, right Nicanor Ramirez., left at Cordillera St, right at E. Rodriguez Sr. Avenue, left at Tomas Morato, right at Timog Ave towards East Avenue to destination.
• Vehicles traveling from España Boulevard may also turn right at Nicanor Ramirez, go straight towards Cordillera St., right at E. Rodriguez Sr. Ave., left at Tomas Morato, and right at Timog Ave towards East Avenue to destination.
VEHICLES TOWARDS MANILA AREA
• Vehicles traveling from Quezon Avenue tunnel up ramp should turn right at Biak na Bato, left at Dapitan Street, left at Lacson Avenue, and right at Espana Boulevard to destination.
• Vehicles traveling from Quezon Avenue turn right at D Tuazon Street, then left at Sen. Mariano Cuenco to Piy Margal Street, left at Blumentritt Road, then right at España Boulevard to destination.
VEHICLES TOWARDS DEL MONTE AVENUE AND ARANETA AVENUE
• Vehicles traveling from España Boulevard should take a U-turn at Mabuhay Rotonda, then right at Blumentritt Road, then right at Piy Margal Street, then left to Mayon Street to their destination.
VEHICLES TOWARDS E. RODRIGUEZ SR. AVENUE, EDSA/QMC
• Vehicles traveling from Mayon Street should turn right at Piy Margal Street, left at Blumentritt Rd. then left at Sto. Tomas Street or Matimyas Street, right at Nicanor Ramirez St., and straight towards Cordillera St. right at E. Rodriguez Sr. Ave., Left at Tomas Morato, right at Timog Ave towards East Avenue to destination.
Aside from the alternate routes, MMDA Acting Chairman Romando Artes said members of the Traffic Engineering Center, Traffic Discipline Office, and Sidewalk Clearing Operations Group are working hand-in-hand with the Quezon City LGU and barangay leaders to manage traffic and ensure the safety of the people attending the parade.
For motorists that have errands to run on December 21 near where the Parade of Stars will run its route, we highly suggest rescheduling your plans for another time or at an earlier date to avoid the traffic.